Gabapentin may cause serious or life-threatening allergic reactions that may affect your skin or other parts of your body such as your liver or blood cells. This may cause you to be hospitalized or to stop NEURONTIN.
You may or may not have a rash with an allergic reaction caused by NEURONTIN. Call a healthcare provider right away if you have any of the following symptoms:
- skin rash
- difficulty breathing
- swollen glands that do not go away
- swelling of your face, lips, throat, or tongue
- yellowing of your skin or of the whites of the eyes
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- severe fatigue or weakness
- unexpected muscle pain
- frequent infections
These symptoms may be the first signs of a serious reaction. A healthcare provider should examine you to decide if you should continue taking NEURONTIN.